Monday, September 7, 2009

Met a Swift, Fell in Love

I was wandering through an estate sale the other day and had decided I really had no room to store anything, and then I found this:

A swift! For less than $60 (quite a bit less)!! An opportunity not to be missed. I had planned to like, polish it, or something, but then I set it up and used it pretty immediately. I did need to add some ~fishing line, but it works like a beauty. Of course, without a ball winder, it doesn't really make winding yarn any faster, BUT, I can set it down and go off and live my life in between bouts of winding, so there's that.

In other news, working on a little something with my TPK Foliage yarn that I won in my first KAL, way back in January. (Good times!) Sometimes, plucky yarn has this marvelous glowy quality, and this is one of those times. Yay, knitting fun!

2 comments:

HEB said...

Hmmm.... for some reason when you said "swift" I heard "spinning wheel." Maybe I was very tired. I'm glad you posted to clear up my confusion.

Anyway, is it wrong that I'm a little glad that you do not yet have a ball winder? I would just feel so bad for your nostepinne if it became obsolete in less than a year. But, when you do get a ball winder, can I mail some of my lace skeins to you for winding?

Elizabeth said...

Oh, I saw a spinning wheel also. But I didn't buy it! Kept the swift a secret for some exciting blog reading. WHoo!

I think I might be able to figure out a way to use the nostepinne to better yarn winding efficiency, but I have to admit: I just like the look of the swift. If only ball winders were as pretty as nostepinnes! (Also, I can't believe it's not even been a year. I've used that wooden stick SO MUCH. <3)