Sunday, January 24, 2010

Still another Hat




This yarn was from the stash I acquired at Stitches East last year in Baltimore. The night I got home, I sat down and knit this yarn into an original designed-as-I-knit hat - but I was never happy with it. It was too big. So I finally frogged it this fall and dug out the Odessa pattern I had admired on Hannah's postings. Unfortunately I overcompensated a little and this one is a little too snug. I reduced the number of stitches cast on to 80 and I also used smaller needles for the ribbing than the rest of the hat. I enjoyed the yarn, though, and it was a quick project, and I can wear it if I'm willing to suffer the hat hair syndrome. The yarn was called Santa Fe or something southwestern like that and the colors really made me feel warmer on a dreary winter day.

2 comments:

HEB said...

My Odessa hat is my go-to hat for the winter. There's not much that it can do to a ponytail, though... I love how this variegated yarn looks in the pattern!

Elizabeth said...

I also think that this pattern + yarn is a great combo! Pretty hat!