Full of lace-filled glee, I decided that my Peruvian alpaca yarn had to become lace gloves. I actually think that the decision to combine "lace" with "knitting fingers" was a good one, because holes that were created tended to be fairly purposeful.
The lace is a pretty simple pattern, Row 1: K, yo, k2tog (Knit, Yarn Over, Knit Two Together), Row 2: Knit all, repeat. I used a couple of different patterns as the base for the glove, and my sister's small hands helped to create the size. Besides the obvious confusion of separating out one tube into five to create fingers, I think the other difficulty I had with this project was figuring out when to start and how long to make each finger. As you can see from the picture, things got a little complicated.
It was fun, and I'll probably make another attempt at gloves, but probably not any time soon.