Monday, August 18, 2008

it was bound to happen eventually

But I'm not going to lie: I thought it would happen while finishing up my writing requirement and finals. Yet law school typing didn't do it. And, no matter how many parts of my lower body I've wrapped in the past and no matter how many fingers I've smashed, I've never had an arm injury from a sport. Knitting, however, did me in. I *have* been knitting for more hours in the last few days than I've ever done before. And at least I know I'm in good company. But since I can't slow down, I'm just wrapping, icing and aleve-ing. And trying to knit faster because then I can be done faster and take a break. And maybe attend knitting PT. 6 repeats down, 9 to go.

5 comments:

RJW said...

Knitting injuries eh. Maybe I'll use that as my excuse for my leave of absence from crocheting. I can imagine trying to explain that injury to the office. Anyways, isn't it acceptable to send gifts after the wedding?

HEB said...

Yeah, while it is acceptable to send gifts up to a year after the wedding (note wedding gift blanket that is three months late and counting), it's not acceptable to produce a shawl that is supposed to be worn at the wedding reception after the wedding. Telling your friend that she'll have a way to keep her shoulders warm and then bailing on her is a good way to not get invited to the golden anniversary party....

RJ, you need to get internet. Our blog is seriously lacking in the crochet category.

Elizabeth said...

HEB, oh my goodness!!! Ok, I'm making a decree: no knitting to INJURY for me. Now, uh, sally forth and work through the pain and all this one last time!

kzwick said...

this is kind of ridiculous. that's all i really have to say.

Emily said...

uh, you could actually stop knitting for a while too...might be sensible...