Saturday, August 30, 2008

Knitting Dreams

I've noticed that I have a rather excessive amount of black in my wardrobe (especially where skirts are concerned) and thus when procrastinating yesterday morning by reading knitting blogs, I had a thought.

Wouldn't the Beatrice Dame (second from the top) be a perfect honeybee stole? I probably won't go for it at this point, as I'd need two skeins and it's a little pricey. The orangey-red-purple isn't normally the color scheme I'd go for, but in my head, it looks gorgeous on top of a mostly black outfit.

In fact, to truly indulge the dreamer in me, I can see myself running around "town" doing errands in a simple black shirt and top and then throwing the shawl on when it's time for the evening opera.

2 comments:

HEB said...

DO IT! As witnessed by my recent travails, good lace yarn is not as easy to come by as one might think. That being said, I've learned that the Malabrigo lace weight is delightful to work with, comes in a wide range of beautiful colors and is a decent price (about $10 for 500 yards), so if you wanted an all wool shawl, that might be a more reasonable option. I do like the half silk yarns, though...

Valerie said...

i think it's a great idea! i want to make one myself after looking at.