Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fingerless mittens of LOVE


Fingerless mittens are actually the only kind of mitten I have successfully knit. I made these for my sister because she was moving to Minnesota. Sadly she only lived there for 6 months before moving to SoCal. Even if mittens were in fashion, these are much too long and thick and delightful to really ever be useful to her there. Alas!


Check out the difference between on and off hand/arm though! They were called "Wavy" and the yarn I completely randomly ended up using for them fit the shape and really emphasized it in the pattern of blues as well. Super cool, if I do say so myself.

4 comments:

HEB said...

It's hard to tell from the picture: is that a wavy rib? How do you do such a thing?

Valerie said...

These look so nice and warm!

Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness, comments!

It was really easy...let me take a moment and look it up.

Yes, wavy rib is a good descriptive. It was a repeating pattern:
4 rows k4, p2 and then four rows p2, k4.

It looks like I used Striped Blue Calvins as my yarn, though it's possible that's just the color name.

This blog is going to make it very clear very quickly just how little I know about knitting.

HEB said...

They are fantastic! I need to have a project to try out this wavy rib...