Wednesday, January 23, 2008

orange makes me smile, too!

According to my mom, this morning, my nephew refused to get dressed unless he could wear the orange sweater I knit him. Granted, she didn't witness this first-hand, but even if he simply expressed a mild preference, I still think it shows that he's developing good taste.

I made this sweater the summer that my nephew was born and he just grew into it this fall. There's nothing like leaving lots of room for growth. It's the Child's Placket-Neck Pullover from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I used Blue Sky Alpaca's Blue Sky Cotton, which is incredibly soft and lovely to knit with. It's also machine-washable, which was a big plus for a project for an active baby. The buttons, which are a little hard to see, are small ladybugs.

3 comments:

Churchma said...

Great pattern! (and cute kid!)

Kristy said...

Nice sweater. He looks adorable in it. I need a friend to have a baby so I can try to tackle one of these cute sweaters and buy adorable buttons!

Elizabeth said...

I must confess that these pictures have made me smile a lot. Which cuteness came first, sweater or baby? (Baby, obvs.)