Friday, February 29, 2008

not the baby blanket

Okay, so, for some reason, I really wanted to post on leap day. But I don't have time to take pictures of the previously-mentioned blanket. So here's a project made with some leftovers from the blanket: the Nanya Mittens.I learned from my sister-in-law that my nephew's obsession with the orange sweater I knit was real. Apparently, he will dig through the hamper and insist on wearing it, no matter how dirty. And then point at himself and say "nanya" (his word for orange). I thought she could use a little bait-and-switch routine, and had some of that same orange yarn leftover from the blanket, so I whipped these up. They were super quick. And would have been quicker if I hadn't accidently made the first one large enough to fit me. They knit up a lot faster once I got the size right. Unfortunately, they're cotton, so not the most practical for the Wisconsin weather that my nephew faces. But maybe he'll wear them around the house.

I ran out of orange for the cord, but luckily (as you'll hear when I finally do post about that blanket) I've got a boatload of green.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I love that he is so in love with orange. It is a very exciting color!