Saturday, August 16, 2008

third time's the charm

Am currently speed knitting a shawl for a friend who's getting married at the end of the month. Because I just found yarn I liked on Thursday, I didn't get off to the start I'd hoped to. But I did have the opportunity to start the shawl with two other yarns, each of which I thought was the best yarn I'd find. Luckily, it turns out I was wrong. Unluckily, I now have 14 days to finish a shawl. Wish me luck.

Rejected option #1

Rejected Option #2

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Good luck with the speed knitting!!

I'm glad you at least found a yarn you liked, and hope you can get your friend to pose in dress and shawl for us to admire.

Churchma said...

I like choice #1 too.

I feel your pain! The Olympics did me in - my right arm is sore from knitting while watching.

I've found it helpful to wear an elastic fingerless glove while knitting. You can buy it at a craft store. It helps prevent knitting injuries.