Sunday, April 15, 2012

the future was wide open

As I near completion on Christmas 2011 gifts, I'm letting myself daydream about some upcoming knits.

This yarn is destined to be a celebratory wisp of a project, which I'm very much looking forward to knitting.
And I've got a design in my head for these beauties.... Here's hoping I can translate what's in my head to reality! I also need to come up with a plan for completing some long-lingering WIPs. (My current thought is that I may take a break from all Christmas knitting this year, and focus on long overdue years, but we'll see if I can stick to that plan.)

And, just in case you were longing for a shot of my poor continental knitting, here you go:

It's not a trick of the photo: those stitches really are that wonky. They're getting better as I go along, however, and I'm hopeful that they will all block out in the end.

What are your spring knitting plans?

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Wisp-ies! How delightful.

I'm just hoping to finish/work on this baby sweater for an unnamed baby before the baby grows out of it. And there are other baby knits (and sews) that I also have on my list. Mmmm, maybe I'll make a post about baby quilt sewing, because I am having decision making troubles...