Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Three button cardigan

Finished one of my four open projects - a three button cardigan from yarn I bought at Frivolous Fibers during a weekend at St. Michaael's, Maryland, where John ran a 1/2 marathon in May. I had bought yarn there when we visited ten years ago or so. I altered the Drops pattern by adding a garter ridge at bottom, shortening the sleeves, and removing the flare at the cuffs. I like the way it subtly fitted with decreases and increases, but if I had it to do over I might pick the next size up, even though it knit true to guage it is very close fitted. The color is more deep teal than it appears in the pictures. See on Ravelry at http://www.ravelry.com/projects/mmchurchman/97-18-tailored-cardigan (still trying to figure out how to insert the Ravelry link - sorry)

1 comment:

HEB said...

This is beautiful and looks like you'll get a lot of use out of it! Elizabeth, Keren and I had a night in St. Michael's, MD, the week before Emily's wedding. We were charmed by the town and we didn't even find the yarn store!