Monday, December 22, 2008

Baby Cole's sock yarn sweater


Baby Cole's Thanksgiving Sweater

Cole - age 2 months - is wearing the sweater I knit from a skien of hand died sock yarn I bought at Stiches East, a knitting EXPO in Baltimore. The theme of the EXPO was "Knitting Outside the Sox" - lots of sock yarn and ideas for things to knit with it besides socks. Size 12 months - but it just fits!
(Cole is the child of one one of Emily's grad school friends from Emory. She lives in DC ad we've adopted her and her husband for Thanksgiving.)

2 comments:

HEB said...

It looks like it does fit him perfectly! I'm a huge fan of using sock yarn for non-socks. There are so many pretty sock yarns, but I haven't been able to work up sock motivation yet, so it has to be used for something else!

Elizabeth said...

Aww, baby sweaters! This is a very cute one. However, sock yarn is so small! I find the idea of knitting things larger than socks with it totally daunting. What we really need are sock yarn dyers to dye slightly larger weight yarn. It's among my unlikely dreams.